Friday, June 15, 2012

Sa Ri One

Welcome to restaurant reviews for goginchow. This is the food ninja giving you my take on Sa Ri One Korean restaurant in Tampa  a nice little place right off the 275. Small but cozy, the service was pretty friendly, prices reasonable. Our waitress seemed to be pretty occupied but the food was good. The two soups we ordered were unique in their own ways. The seafood tofu soup was great tasteful and spicy. The pork tripe and intestine soup not so much, a liver over powering flavor in a bland watered down broth. The squid in a sweet red chilli sauce that's supposed to be spicy, but I didn't think so. It was more sauce then squid not, one of my favorites but as far as the galbi beef, that I give two thumbs up. The squid tempura, again bland. Although the little side dishes were fresh and had a good flavor that were served with our meal at no extra charge. Over all the experience there was just ok.  So I would say going to this place is like a roll of the dice. So from the food ninja to you, this place is a gamble. well as I always say please enjoy.

Hi everyone.  This is Shadow.  Pretty good place for Korean in Tampa.  Small place, clean with friendly service.  The menu is pretty extensive and had a lot of nice colorful pictures that really helped to give an idea of what the dishes looked like.  So many choices it was hard to decide and looking at all the pictures really made me hungry.  The tempura squid I was not too crazy about, typical tempura style, but I did not really feel it worked well with squid, greasy and bland.  I loved the Seafood Tofu soup.  It came to the table still boiling in a ceramic pot, nice flavors here.  The tripe and intestine soup, might just be an acquired taste, but I could not get paste the strong liver flavor coming from the pieces of intestine, the vegetables in the soup were cooked well and tested good.  The galbi beef was excellent.  The squid with chili sauce for two came in a very generous portion (enough for 4 people, though the waitress did warn us it was a lot of food), I felt it was a tad too sweet and for the price I wish they did put some more squid in the dish.  I also enjoyed the side appetizer dishes that came complementary with the meal like most Korean places.  Overall, yes some dishes are a hit or miss, but I would still definitely recommend this place and I will definitely be back.

                                                                Sa Ri One
                                                                3940 W Cypress St
                                                                Tampa, FL 33606
                                                                 (813) 874-2911







Tempura Squid

Spicy Seafood and Tofu Soup

Tripe and Intestine Soup

Side Dishes (Complementary)

Galbi Beef

Squid with Chili Sauce for two


No comments:

Post a Comment