Friday, August 3, 2012

Thai Pizza Co., St. Louis, MO

Shadow here checking out  a place that is part of Pat's Thai Restaurant's Thai food monopoly on the Delmar Loop.  Interesting fusion food idea.   I don't know  if there are any other Thai Pizza restaurants in the U.S.  I have seen similar fare (Green Curry Pizza, Tom Yum Goong Pizza)  on Pizza Hut and Pizza Company menus in Thailand.  They did have some Pizza varieties I have not seen before like Pad Thai, Laab, Sataay and Drunken.  I wish there was a pizza sampler, but alas I had to choose.   I figured I could not go wrong the the Tom Tum Goong Pizza.  The soup is a Thai trademark dish after all.  Ordered it with the thin crust.  Pizza came out very fast, about 5 minutes!  Maybe a little too fast.  Dough tasted like a stale cracker and not freshly baked,  I am guessing they must have pre-baked the crusts in advance (at least the thin crusts) to save time.  Pizza was loaded with cheese , too much cheese.  Could not really appreciate the flavor of the sauce.  The sauce did in fact have Tom Yum Flavor though.  I could taste the lemongrass, galanga and kaffir lime, but it was very subtle.  They should definitely cut down on the cheese.  Mushrooms on the pizza tasted like they were from a can, not good. They also had some more traditional Thai dishes on their menu, but I did not get to try them.  Decor was simple, clean and modern.  Service was decent, but  they did not really seem to make that personal connection with the customer.  Overall quite a bit disappointing.  Still this place is unique and for that alone I hope they stay open.  I am curious of the other combinations and could certainly  give this place another chance.  

                                                             Thai Pizza Co.
                                                             608 Eastgate Ave
                                                             Saint Louis, MO 63130
                                                             (314) 862-4429





Tom Yum Goong Pizza, Thin Crust


1 comment:

  1. Wow...a Thai pizza restaurant in St. Louis is definitely a really original idea. ^_^ The Pizza company restaurants in Thailand also offer a Tom Yum Goong style Pizza but I didn't get to try it. Our aunt didn't recommend it saying that it wasn't as good as it sounds. Maybe she ran into similar problems.

    ReplyDelete